Actually I am not talking about your traditional Mac & Cheese comfort food, but an actual experience, memory or total get in your p.j’s, put the movie on, and fix their food they are eating in the movie.
Yes, my daughter and I love our chic flics. We have a few tried and true that we can watch over and over and over…., prepare certain food, & quote the movie along with our favorites on the screen. Julie and Julia is such a movie!!! Yes! this one makes you want to crack open that “Master the Art of French Cooking” and pretend to be as food savy as the characters in the movie. We make Bruschetta with this one:) Oh my gosh, watching them eat Bruschetta in the movie, it looks delicious. So, I changed it up a bit. I added cheese. With or without cheese is good but I figured a change is good. I could eat this stuff every meal!!
So, enjoy this Bruschetta Recipe. Grab Julie and Julia. Put those p.j.’s on. And, grab a glass of your favorite wine.
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- A handful of basil leaves, chopped or cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup Balsalmic reduction, recipe on blog
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 loaf, French bread stick or hearty, sliceable bread
- olive oil to coat the pan
- Add all ingredients except bread and olive oil, let sit or keep in fridge until ready to eat
- toast bread on both sides in olive oil coated pan
- pile tomato mixture on slices of bread and enjoy!!